Tips For Wagering On Wimbledon

Trailing just behind soccer, tennis is the second most popular sports wagering option considered today.

With a multiplicity of wagering markets, in play live wagering and a variety of ways to watch the game, Wimbledon and the other Grand Slam tournaments comprising of the US Open, the Australian Open and the French Open lends a level of excitement to sports wagering coupled with potential lucrative winning opportunities.

A Brief History of Wimbledon

The All England Tennis Club in London, where Wimbledon has been held since 1877 is considered as the home of tennis.

Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam tournament still deeply rooted in tradition and playing out on grass. Wimbledon changes the pace of the game, where players who are considered to be the kings of clay, like Nadal flourishing on a hardened surface, struggling slightly on softer grass turf.

If you opt to wager on Wimbledon, consider the grass variable in all odds and decision-making, as this variable will affect the outcome of favourites in a match.

Wimbledon Wagering Events

There are a host of possibilities for wagering on Wimbledon, with the mot prestigious and talked about event being the Ladies’ and Gentlemen’s Final.

Other featured events include Gentlemen’s Doubles, Ladies’ Doubles. Mixed Doubles and Invitation events, all of which provide potential lucrative winning opportunities in various ways.

The Wagering Odds And Probability

Nearly all types of sports wagering incorporates an odds and probability formula. In order to achieve lucrative payouts in sports wagering it is imperative to understand how these formulas work.

Decimal odds are used widely within sports wagering, especially Wimbledon. The formula for decimal odds is 100% divided by the chance, which equates to the odds the same as NRL betting odds.

For example if the chance of a particular player to take the Grand Slam at Wimbledon is 40 % the odds are at 2.50.

This is calculated as 100% divided by 40%, which equates to 2.50 odds.

Applying Personal Knowledge to Wimbledon

If you already follow the game with keen interest, your knowledge may put you at an advantage, as applying personal knowledge of the game may come in handy when considering a potential wager.

Bookkeepers may provide odds based on a low probability/chance, say 40%. From personal knowledge, you may very well be inclined to think that the potential for the chance is actually 60%. In a case such as this the wager can be more beneficial as the chances of slamming the Jackpot are marginally higher.

Consider Multiple Angles

The advent of the Internet and mobile devices has made impressive headway for fans seeking to wager on Wimbledon. Live Streaming and up to date news coverage keep you informed and updated on a particular matches statistics at any given time, consider these various wagering options.

Outright Bets

This type of wager is placed on an overall winner of a particular event.

Match Betting

Place a wager on the outcome of a single match.

Handicap Betting

This type of wager is considered based on a particular players consistent performance. You will need to predict a player’s performance for the duration of a match, especially against an underdog.

Correct Score Betting

Here you will need to predict the exact outcome of an individual set. This is a tough call as tennis; especially a Grand Slam such as Wimbledon is notorious for huge upsets and ever-changing rigorous pace.

Set Betting

Here you will need to decide on a player who will win the match via the most convincing display of skill. This is decided via the amount of sets won and lost.